Canvas prints have become a popular choice in modern art. However, there are many advantages to choosing a glass photo frame over canvas. In this post, we will explore some differences between glass framed wall art and canvas art in order to help you make an informed decision.
- Glass is more durable than canvas and is appropriate for high-traffic areas like a living room or office.
- Glass frames can be hung in any room of your house or office, while canvas is only suitable for living rooms or offices with high humidity levels.
- Glass is less likely to get scratches on it than canvas, which is prone to scratches from dust and dirt, as well as from other objects that come into contact with it (such as pens, pencils, etc.).
- Glass frames are easy to clean and maintain compared to canvases, which need special cleaning solutions and often require professional assistance for proper care.
- Glass frames are less expensive than canvases (especially when you consider shipping costs).
- Glass frames are easier to transport than canvases due to their smaller size and lighter weight; they can also be packed more tightly into boxes (saving on shipping costs).
- Glass frames don’t require any special equipment or tools for installation – just a hammer and nails.
- They can be used in any room in your house because of the neutral color of glass.
- They are easier to hang up than canvas because there’s no frame on the back of your photo, so there are no holes that need to be drilled into your wall (no damage when you hang it up).
- They won’t warp or bend over time like canvases do as they get older and age more extensively over time (and warping can cause creases in the image itself, so it becomes distorted or blurry).
- Glass photo frames come in different shapes, sizes, and designs, which makes them more versatile than canvas art that is usually rectangular in shape and cannot be customized according to one’s taste.
Overall, glass photo frames have a lot of advantages over canvas. They are lightweight, environmentally friendly, and extremely easy to care for. Plus, they offer a range of customization options that other framing options don’t. So if you’re looking for a clean and modern way to showcase your favorite memory, look no further than a glass photo frame.